Fight Inflammation with Food!
Previously we talked about top foods that are aiding in inflammation to your body.
Here are my top foods that you need to add into your diet now to protect yourself and heal faster!
Top Inflammation Fighting Foods:
1. Fatty fish – Salmon, sardines, tuna, and mackerel are high in Omega-3s that reduce inflammation. Fish Oil supplements can also be a great addition to your daily regime. Research shows in a study that adding Omega-3s daily can cut your risk of death from heart disease by 23 percent.
2. Dark Leafy Greens – Cruciferous veggies and dark greens are high in Vitamin E which omit cytokines which are pro-inflammatory molecules. Also, have a higher level of dense secondary nutrients known to mop up cancer causing agents.
3. Nuts – Nuts are high in fiber, vitamin E, and calcium and packed with antioxidants that can repair damage and assist your body in fighting off inflammation. (unsalted, raw or sprouted best. No peanuts).
4. Ginger and Turmeric – 2 of my favorite spices from the Asian and Indian culture have loads of anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric turns off inflammatory compounds from arising in the body while ginger (particularly in supplement form) reduces inflammation in the gut.
5. Olive Oil – Make sure you are not heating your olive oil but using it as a dressing on food/salads. No surprise that foods that are healthy for your heart are also good for fighting inflammation. Oleocanthal found in olive oil has been known to have the same effects as NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) products! Have 2-4 tbsp a day, raw and don’t go cheap! High Quality
Start incorporating these in your diet and make sure you always check with your physician first before adding anything new in your diet!